Tuesday, January 3, 2012

All I Want Is Silence

































All I want is silence.
No more talking. No more words.
Hurtful things unspoken.
No more voices heard.
I just want to get away if even for a while.
To take a break from all my worries and these ever present trials.
So I'll kiss goodbye all these frustrations and make a little time.
To spend with the only One who listens to what's really on my mind.
You're always there for me and never interrupt.
And yet You somehow speak to me and lift my spirits up.
Soaking up Your presence gets me through the days.
It's the little whispers that bring me comfort in so many ways.
You're constantly reminding me Your love will be enough.
Your arms will wrap around me when the storms I face get rough.
And if this world should break my heart, You'll catch its every piece.
When I depend more on You, You'll heal me with Your peace.
So right now I'd like some silence.
Stop the clocks and ignore the time.
Because right now I want to spend time with Jesus.
Please just let me unwind.

3 comments:

2SewRetro said...

You are really talented with your words, and I'm so very proud of your beautiful heart. :)

Shaina said...

That's beautiful, Amanda.

SJ Kern said...

You and me both...

Please visit my blog at

www.forthelifeme.blogspot.com

Thanks! And keep up the good work!